Grand Piano Movers in Utah
If you have a Grand Piano (or baby grand), Utah Piano Movers is here to help! We have the necessary man power, tools and protection needed to move your beautiful piano wherever it needs to go!
What are the steps involved in moving my Grand Piano?
- Measure and Determine the Size of your Piano (Length, Width, Height)
- Remove the legs and dissemble any other parts that may be prone to breaking during the move.
- Supply all the necessary blankets, padding and protection to securely transport your piano.
- With man power and our piano dolly, we will move your piano into our moving truck, and securely fasten it for the move.
- We repeat these steps in the opposite order and your piano will be moved, unharmed and safe and its new location!
What is a Grand Piano?
A grand piano is a type of piano that has a horizontal orientation, with the strings and soundboard positioned horizontally. The hammers that strike the strings are located within the body of the instrument, which makes for a more compact design than that of an upright piano. Grand pianos tend to be more expensive than upright pianos, but they offer a richer, fuller sound. Grand pianos are available in several different sizes, from small “baby” grands to large concert grands.
A baby grand is generally considered to be between 4’7″ and 5′ long. Grand pianos range from around 4’7” up to 9’ for Concert Grands.